The HR space seems like an unfitting candidate for implementing chatbots; but as the world of work transforms, HR chatbots are proving their worth in HR departments with increased labor efficiencies, reduced costs, and better customer/employee experiences.
HR Teams are always bombarded with emails and phone calls from your employees asking repetitive internal questions. Not only addressing frequently asked internal queries, but manually carrying out processes like assessing employee performance and going through appraisals is time-consuming and exhaustive for the HR team.
According to a recent Forrester survey, roughly “85% of customer interactions within an enterprise will be with software robots in five years” and “87% of CEOs are looking to expand their AI workforce” using AI bots.
Human Resources (HR) is one area where intelligent automation can streamline and personalize the entire HR process for all types of employees across geographies. Whether it’s accessing payroll and compliance policies, applying leaves, marking attendance, or completing training, HR AI-bots can assist employees every step of the way, on-demand.
We’ve put together the following ways in which Conversational AI Chatbots are disrupting HR:
- Recruitment Automation– Conversational AI Chatbots can help automate recruitment by bringing down hiring efforts, efficiently shortlisting candidates based on predefined metrics, communicate with applicants, and streamlining the onboarding process effective and streamlined by removing unnecessary steps and drudgery while also educating the new hires about the organization.
- Seamless Onboarding– Conversational AI Chatbots make onboarding truly a self-serve process as they have the ability to act as a connection between the new hires and work management software. They not only simplify the onboarding process but also provide access to organization policies, job role details, and more in just a few taps.
2. Efficient Performance Tracking– With Conversational AI Chatbots, HR managers can simplify and improve the effectiveness of performance management systems. Managers and employees can effectively and instantly give and take feedback enabling managers to collect, collate, and analyze the employee performance data to make the annual performance assessment fact-based, quick, and effective.
3. Work Assistant– Conversational AI Chatbots enable an open and connected ecosystem to ensure that employees stay on track to achieve better at work every day. AI chatbots provide periodical work reminders, updates on unread emails, pending tasks, meetings, and many more.
4. Employee Helpdesk– Employees spend many hours each month searching for basic company-related information regarding payroll, leaves, timesheets, attendance, etc. HR bots would quickly get employees the answers they are looking for, making them more productive and ultimately more satisfied.
5. Learning– Conversational AI Chatbots brings employee learning to the forefront with personalized course recommendations, share relevant study material, administer training with in-app tests/quizzes ensuring interactive participation and higher engagement.
6. LTA and Payroll – Conversational AI Chatbots can help employees manage entire LTA functionality directly through the chat interface. Employees can simply ask the AI Chatbots to access leave balance in real-time, punch in attendance, view rosters, and more.
7. Executive Assistance– AI Chatbots extends its offerings beyond HR queries too. They act as executive assistants providing updates regarding world affairs, stock markets, nearby places such as ATMs, Hospitals, and more.
The Way Forward
The conversational AI Chatbot industry has time and again proved its potential in providing a simple and faster means of the query of handling mechanisms across various domains. These chatbots enable organizations to build a more scalable and secure environment across locations, channels, and languages. What remains to be seen is how human-machine interactions become part of our everyday lives and impact our behavior in the long term.
Jinie – your AI-powered conversational chatbot, provides instant and contextual responses, actions, and insight for all your employee queries and transactions. Leading to improved employee experience and productivity at the workplace. While cutting support services costs for the business.