An Indian conglomerate group company focused on Agri-business struggling to become profitable and is losing market share against its competitors.
The CEO and head of Strategy came up with the 4 Strategic initiatives to gain more market share which includes
- Achieve Breakeven
- Build Stronger Distribution Network
- Achieve EBITDA of 15%.
- Develop Indigenous Engine in India
But the challenge was to achieve agility, speed and cross- team collaboration/accountability in executing those initiatives.
Learning and Actions
- In the company there was a lack of clarity on who owns what, how we are progressing and analysis of how we can improve on the future. Zippi’s insight on execution velocity gave tangibility on execution.
- Strategic plans were not detailed enough. With Zippi came detailing and cross team collaboration. It was easy to cascade strategic plans till minus 3 level.
- Every team was using own format in excel not connecting with the big picture. Zippi has put in a standard process to digitize to plan, track and review.
- Reducing cost and wastages are core of Manufacturing domain. Zippi enabled a cascade of cost reduction metrics to last mile.
- Resource allocation a big challenge, Zippi brought in visibility and clarity on resources